Saturday, August 10, 2013

Little Acts of Kindness

Hello! This isn't my usual type of post but hey, let's try it. This week as I went to get my nails done, I noticed a young boy outside selling candy bars. There was nothing particularly unusual about this boy, but I couldn't help but notice a permanent scowl plastered across his face. He looked so unhappy for someone selling candy! I decided to purchase a bar and attribute to his cause, which he later explained was to raise funds for his church basketball team. With a smile I bought 2 bars and wished him luck, and suddenly his frown disappeared and was replaced by a look of awe, quickly followed by a "Thank you". As I started to depart to my car, I noticed he was still looking at me. I waved goodbye and kept wondering why he was so confused by my kindness. It later occurred to me that maybe he wasn't treated that way often. What seemed to me as just being polite, could have made his day. What I'm trying to say is, you never really know how the smallest gestures will affect someone. I encourage you all preform a random act of kindness while on you're weekly journeys. You never know what could happen...

~Mack, over and out.~

No comments:

Post a Comment